Every state has their own DUI laws, and California specifically takes DUI seriously. If you were charged with a DUI for one of the following, you should consider finding a California DUI Defense Lawyer.
- Driving under the age of 21 and consuming alcohol, including prescription drugs or cough syrup
- Driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol content level of .01 or higher
- Driving under the age of 21 with unsealed beer, wine or liquor while driving alone
- Any driver driving with a BAC of .08 or higher
- Driving a commercial vehicle with a BAC of .04 or higher
- Driving under the age of 18 with any measurable level of BAC
- Being a repeat offender and driving with a BAC of .01 or greater
- Refusing a blood alcohol content test
What most do not know is that in California when you are charged with a DUI, you are charged with two crimes. Vehicle Code 23152(a) and Vehicle Code 231529(b) are often referred to as DUI and Driving with Excessive BAC. Having two charges at the time of your arrest will result in serious consequences and be difficult to fight.
With the help of a California DUI Defense Lawyer, you may be able to plea “wet reckless” where your DUI charges would get dropped to reckless driving charges. This usually occurs when BAC levels are borderline, no accidents were involved, and the defendant has no prior DUI or criminal record.
As a 5 star rated California DUI defense lawyer, Ernest Lee Law Offices knows how to lower or drop your DUI charges. A DUI can affect the rest of your life by making it difficult to keep your job and driving privileges and also take care of your family. Let us help you get your life back. We are here to help.
Our San Diego DUI attorneys will stand by your side throughout your DUI process and make your life easier. We are familiar with the procedures following a DUI and can offer advice when you are faced with each step. We will attend your DMV hearing, collect outside research, and fight for you in the courtroom. Call today to get started. 619-795-0991